How to Apply Birth and Death Certificate in Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Gandhinagar (Gujarat)
One of the most important documents to keep the birth record of a person is the birth certificate. It will help the holder in getting certain facilities provided by the central and state government. The government of Gujarat had stated that it is compulsory for every citizen to have a birth certificate. The birth certificate is required in different places like during the admission at school, or application for passport, voter id card, or aadhaar card. Another important certificate which is extremely necessary and is mandatory to have after a person’s death is the death certificate. There are various pension plans for the widows which require the death certificate of their husband. So it is important. If you live in Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Gandhinagar (Gujarat) and are willing to apply for the birth or death certificate , you are at the right place. The complete process is mentioned below for your help.
Required Documents For Birth Certificate:
- Parent’s identity proof
- Proof of residence
- Application form
- Hospital provided proof of birth
- Affidavit if the birth occurred at home
- Processing fee
Required Documents for Death Certificate:
- Details about the person like name, religion, gender, occupation, etc.
- Date of death
- Father’s or Husband’s name
- Full Address
- Place of Death
- Postmortem Report
Important Things to Consider:
- Both the birth or the death must be registered within 21 days of the occurrence.
- If the application for the certificate is done after 30 days, you have to pay a fee of INR 5.
Application Process for Birth or Death Certificate in Gujarat:
- You can get the application form at the registrar office or you can get the form online from the website http://www.rmc.gov.in/. Download the form and take a printout in an A4 sized paper.
- You will need the birth registration number and the date of death to fill up the form.
- Attach all required documents with the form and submit it to the office of the registrar.
- Complete verification will be done and after successful verification, your birth or death certificate will be issued.
- There are different online portals for different cities in Gujarat which you can use too. Like for Surat, if you want to apply for the birth certificate, you have to click on the link https://www.suratmunicipal.gov.in/epay/EBDR/EBirthDefault.aspx and fill up the form.