How to Apply for Marriage Certificate Online in Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala, Bathinda, Punjab
Recently the government of Punjab made it necessary for the citizens of the state to obtain a marriage certificate if you are married. You have to get the certificate within a maximum of three months of the wedding. The government created an online portal to make the process easy for the citizens. Now, there are both online and offline processes to complete a marriage registration in Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala, Bathinda, Punjab. If you are still not aware of the processes, both the processes are described below for your help.
Eligibility for Marriage:
- The age of the bride must not be below 18 years and the age of the groom must not be below 21 years.
- The registration can be done at either place. Bride or the groom anyone can apply for the registration at his or her place.
Online Application Process for Marriage Certificate in Punjab:
- Visit the website http://punjab.gov.in/marriageability-certificate and click on ‘Apply Online’.
- If you are a new user, complete the new user registration first and fill up the online application form.
- Upload the scanned copies of all appropriate documents. You can check out the list of documents by following the link http://edistrict.punjabgovt.gov.in/EDA/DocumentsRequired.aspx.
- Fill up the form correctly and submit.
- You will get an acknowledgment slip. Download it and take a print out.
- Check the status of the certificate online using the acknowledgment number.
Offline Application Process for Marriage Certificate in Punjab:
- You can download the application form by clicking on the link http://punjab.gov.in/documents/10191/1035707/Issuance+of+Marriageability+Certificate.pdf/1f2f0627-c3e7-4a03-a956-2f876bd7a6cc. You can also get it from the Suwidha center.
- The application form must be filled up and submitted to the marriage registrar office or at the Suwidha center along with all appropriate documents. You can check out the list of the documents here http://edistrict.punjabgovt.gov.in/EDA/DocumentsRequired.aspx.
- After successful submission, you will get an acknowledgment slip which will contain the acknowledgment
- You can track the application online using the acknowledgment number.
- If you are opting for a court marriage, the fee is only INR 50 but if you are using the Suwidha center to apply, you have to pay the fee of INR 700 there if you are applying within 3 months. If you are applying within 6 months but more than 3 months, the fee will be INR 1500. If there is a gap of a year, the fee extends to INR 2000.