The state government of the state is in charge of issuing the marriage certificate. It is a document which proves the wedding of the couple. People can marriage in court without following the rituals of their religion. They just have to apply to the nearest registrar for that. The application can also be done online as the Madhya Pradesh government is providing this service to all their citizens. The registration of any marriage is mandatory and various initiatives are taken by the Madhya Pradesh government for improving the percentage of registration in their state. If you stay in Madhya Pradesh and are not aware of the process to apply for a marriage registration certificate, we will describe the whole process here for your help.
Application Process to get Marriage Certificate in Madhya Pradesh:
- You have to visit the official website of MP e-Nagar Palika. You can also click on the form to get there http://www.mpenagarpalika.gov.in/irj/portal/anonymous/CitizenServices/MarriageRegistration/qlMarriageRegistrationForm.
- After entering you need to enter the name of your city and then click on continue.
- The complete application form will open on the screen.
- You need to fill up the form with the correct information and upload all relevant documents. After that, submit the form. The documents needed are mentioned below.
- You can pay the fee online using the card or net banking.
- Usually, it takes around 7 working days for the officials to do a complete verification and issue a marriage certificate.
- You can also download the certificate online from the official website of MP e-Nagar Palika.
- For the duplicate certificate, the applicant must apply offline by filling up a form and photocopy of previous marriage certificate. The charges are INR 20.
List of Documents Needed For Application:
- Mark Sheet and Birth Certificate of the Bride and Groom
- 4 separate passport size photographs of the Bride and Groom
- 3 postcard size of the wedding ceremony
- Wedding cards
- Marriage Registration Fees
- Oath letter from both the Bride and Groom
- The Bride and Groom must be present
- Presence of two witnesses
- ID Proof of the Bride and Groom
- ID proof of parents of both the Bride and Groom
- Webcam image of the Bride and Groom
- Thumb impression of both the Bride and Groom
If have any more questions, Please use the comments section.