How to Apply Ration Card in Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Gandhinagar (Gujarat)
There are a lot of essential commodities which we need in our daily lives. Common people find it very hard to cope up with the increased rates of the products. Keeping that in mind, the government provides the products like Fertilizers, Wheat, Rice, Sugar, LPG, and Kerosene at subsidized rates. But to get them at lower rates, the documents which you need is the ration card. There are different government schemes too and you can easily get their benefits if you have a ration card. The card can also be used as an identity proof. For the people of Gujarat, both online and offline process to apply Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Gandhinagar for the ration card is described below.
Online Application Process to Apply for a Ration Card in Gujarat:
- Visit the website https://www.digitalgujarat.gov.in/.
- You will find a link named services in the header. Click on it. Then click on citizen services.
- Now, you will find a link Application for New Ration Card. Click on it. A new page will open with all the instructions and documents to be submitted. Read them carefully.
- After that, click on the apply online button.
- Register using email id and create a login id and password.
- After logging in with the credentials, you will find the application form. Fill it up properly. Upload the scanned copies of all appropriate documents.
- Double check all and then hit the submit button.
- After the verification process, the officials will issue your ration card.
Offline Application Process to Apply for a Ration Card in Gujarat:
- You have to get the application form from your nearest ration office or you can download it directly by clicking on the link https://dcs-dof.gujarat.gov.in/Portal/Document/1_68_1_1_49_1_Form-2.pdf.
- Fill up the form with all appropriate details like name, age, gender, address, mobile number, the name of family head, income details, etc.
- Attach all required documents with it along with passport sized photograph. Check that everything is fine and then submit the filled up form to your nearest ration office or the district supply office.
- The verification will be done and your ration card will be issued.
- Proof of Residence like Voter ID, Ration Card, Driving License, Passport, Water Bill, Electricity Bill, or Receipt of Property Tax.
- Proof of Identity like PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, or Voter ID card.