As we all know that the survival of a human being is dependent on everyday commodities. The common man sometimes finds it pretty hard to buy them regularly with the ever increasing cost of the product. That is the time when the ration card steps in as a savior. It helps you in getting essential commodities like Rice, Fertilizers, Sugar, Kerosene, LPG, and Wheat at subsidized rates. Not only that but it helps you get many other benefits. You can use it as an identity proof to get them. In Haryana, there are both online and offline processes to apply for a ration card. The processes are described below.
Online Application Process for Ration Card in Haryana
- You need to visit the official website of Haryana government for ration card or you can just click on the link to visit there http://jansahayak.gov.in/Admin/RationCard.aspx.
- If you are already registered, log in the website using your ID and password. If not, register first.
- Fill up the form for the new ration card there with accurate details. It will not be accepted if you leave any mandatory field blank so remember that.
- After that, upload the scanned copies of all required documents along with the scanned photograph of the head of the house. Check the file size before uploading.
- Now verify the data you entered and click on the submit button.
- The ration card will be sent to you within 15 working days.
- The fee for a ration card is INR 10. You have to pay INR 25 extra if the delivery is done by courier or speed post.
Offline Application Process for Ration Card in Haryana
- You need to download the form by clicking on the link http://haryanafood.nic.in/FCI1.doc. Other than that you can also visit the office of District Food and Supplies Controller. You will get the form there too.
- Fill up the form with proper details and attach all required documents with it.
- Now, you have to submit the form to the nearest District Food and Supplies Controller’s office. You will be given an acknowledgment slip.
- You will receive your ration card within maximum 15 working days by post or at the ration office.
- 2 Passport sized photographs of family head
- Self declaration of permanent address
- An Affidavit that the applicant does not have ration card at any other part of the country.