How to Apply Indian/Overseas Passport Card in Lucknow, Kanpur, Ghaziabad, Allahabad, Agra, Moradabad, Varanasi Uttar Pardesh (UP).
An Indian passport is officially issued by the Government of India. It permits the particular holder to travel to and from foreign countries. It also confirms the nationality of the citizen along with their identity. There is mainly 3 types of passports: Personal, Official and Diplomatic passport. Personal passport is issued to the ordinary citizen who requiresa passport for travel and visit purposes. An official passport is issued to the individuals who travel to foreign countries for the government or official work purposes. Diplomatic passports are issued to the ones who are posted abroad. How to Apply Indian & Overseas Passport Online/Offline in Uttar Pradesh.
Online process of applying for an Indian/Overseas Passport in Uttar Pradesh:
- Visit passportindia.gov.in and select the apply option. If you are a new user, then register yourselves to create an account. If you are an existing user, then clicklogin.
- Select apply for a fresh/ new passport and proceed. Fill in the details and upload the documents as stated on the website.
- Check the details once again before submitting the form.
- Click on the pay and schedule option next for the payment of the fees. You can pay using debit/credit cards or online banking.
- Book your appointment once the payment process is complete. You will receive an appointment number along with application receipt.
Offline process of applying for an Indian/Overseas Passport in Uttar Pradesh:
- Print the form from passportindia.gov.in and fill the details required.
- Attach the required document and make sure they are self-attested. Attach 5 cm x 3.5 cm size photo. Submit the documents to the passport cell of the district.
- Pay the required fees in form of DD.
- Once your application is filed, you will receive an acknowledgment letter which will contain a file number. This file number can be used to track the status of your passport application letter.