Passport is a document used for travelling. The document is issued by the government of the country. While an international travel, it is the proof of your nationality as well as your identity. But there are some instances when you need to change your name or address in the Passport. There are both online and offline procedures for it. Both the processes are mentioned below.
- First of all you have to visit the official website of passportindia or you can also click on the link http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink.
- You have to register on the website.
- If you are an existing user then you can just log in using your user ID and password.
- If you are not, then you have to register, click on New User Register now.
- Select the passport office.
- Now you need to enter all your personal details correctly.
- After that, you have to create your ID and password.
- After the registration is complete, you will get a mail on your registered email id for successful registration and you will also get a link.
- You have to click on the link to activate your account.
- Now, you can login using your ID and password.
- You will get the online form for changing name or address.
- Fill it properly without mistake.
- Upload proper documents proving the change in your name or address. You will get the documents list in the website.
- Pay the fees and click on submit and you are done.
- After all the verification, you will get your new passport with changed details.
- There is offline process for the system too.
- For that, you have to book an appointment at your nearest passport office.
- You have to visit there and fill up a form for change in name or address.
- You will be given a group number.
- You will be informed when authorities will call your group.
- After that police verification will be done.
- After all the formalities, you will get your new passport with changed details.