One of the most important documents issued by the government of India is without any doubt the passport. The document helps you in traveling to different countries across the world and serves as your address and identity proof. In our country, issuance of the passport is handled by the Consular, Passport & Visa Division, Ministry of External Affairs. There are both online and offline ways of applying for a passport. There is also the Normal and Tatkal mode which you can opt for depending on your urgency. You can use the Tatkal service for both new and renewal of your existing passport. The procedure of the application is more or less the same as the usual one. The complete process is given below for your help.
Application Process for a Tatkaal Passport:
- Register to the official Passport Seva website. You can visit there by clicking the link https://org2.passportindia.gov.in/.
- After registration, log in using your user id and password.
- After choosing one among the Fresh and Re-Issue, choose Tatkaal as the scheme type.
- Now fill up the application form, upload the documents and submit.
- Pay the application fee and book an appointment online.
- Visit there on time with appropriate documents for verification.
- Voter ID Card
- Verification Certificate required as per Annexure F
- Identity Card of Freedom Fighters
- Caste certificate
- Ration card
- Arms License
- Pension Documents
- Property Documents
- The citizens who are born outside of India to Indian parents can apply.
- All Indian citizens can apply.
- Applicants who visited here from another country at the cost of their government.
- All residents of Nagaland and Jammu & Kashmir.
- People having lost or stolen passport can apply.
- People who changed sex can apply.