How to Apply Marriage Certificate in Bengaluru, Mysore, Hubli, Mangaluru Karnataka.
To establish the marital status of a couple, a marriage certificate is a valid and legal evidence. For the married woman, it is the most important document. There are a few acts in India under which a marriage can be done like Hindu marriage act 1955, special marriage act 1954, or the Parsi Marriage and Divorce act 1936. The Hindu marriage act is applicable for the Hindu, Brahma, Buddhist, Arya Samaj, and Parthana Samaj. The special marriage act is applicable for all the citizens of the country. The Parsi Marriage and Divorce act is applicable for the Parsies and the Zoroastrians.
Getting a marriage certificate is not that tough if proper channels are used but there are cases when there is a delay as the applicant do not know the proper way of application along with the criteria of application. To apply for a marriage certificate the age of the bride must be 18 years and the age of the groom must be 21 years. Now for those who do not know the process, here we are describing both online and offline processes to apply for a marriage certificate in Karnataka.
Online Process to Apply For a Marriage Certificate:
- First of all visit the official marriage registration website of the Karnataka Government.
- Select your district over there and click on continue.
- Fill all the details of the bride and the groom and select ‘Registration of Marriage Certificate’.
- Fill the Marriage certificate form very carefully and then select a date for the appointment.
- Click on Submit to submit your application.
- You will be given an acknowledgment slip and a temporary number will be there.
- Print the acknowledgment slip out and keep with you.
- You will be called at the sub-registrar office at the given date.
- After that the process is same just like the offline process.
Offline Process to Apply For a Marriage Certificate:
- First of all, you must download the form. You can download it by clicking on the link https://cdn.karnataka.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/karnataka-marriage-certificate-form.pdf and then take a print out of it. Other than that, you can also get it from the marriage registrar office.
- Fill up the form carefully without any mistake. If the name of the bride is changed after marriage, put the changed name in the form.
- Three witnesses must sign the form and they must be your friends or relatives.
- All the documents will be now submitted to the office of the sub-registrar.
- The verification of all the information will be done now.
- The applicant will be handed over 6 printouts of the information.
- The signature of the bride and the groom is needed in all the printouts.
- Among those 6 copies, 4 copies will be kept at office of the sub-registrar for records and 2 copies will be handed over to the bride and the groom.
- The charges for the application is Rs 5 and the charges for the certified copy is Rs 10.