How to Apply Marriage Certificate in Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Kozhikode, Kollam, Thrissur, Alappuzha, Palakkad Kerala
The registration of marriage has been made compulsory by the government of Kerala under The Kerala Registration of Marriages (Common) Rules, 2008. It can be registered as the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or the Special Marriage Act, 1954. The certificate is marriage is given to both bride and groom separately as the proof of marriage. The certificate is also helpful in getting a passport or the change of name. The complete procedure to get apply for a marriage registration certificate in Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Kozhikode, Kollam, Thrissur, Alappuzha, Palakkad Kerala is mentioned below.
- The age of the bride must be 18 or above and the groom must be 21 years or above.
- Along with the application certificates for physical and mental health must be submitted too.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Kerala.
- At the time of application, the couple must be living together.
Online Application Process for Marriage Registration in Kerala:
- Visit the website https://cr.lsgkerala.gov.in/Index.php.
- From the documents menu, select the option Registration of Marriages.
- Now, on the left-hand side, click on the ‘Online Form Submission’.
- Select your district and local body from the dropdown menu and click on submit.
- The login screen will appear. If you are not registered, register first and log in using your id and password.
- Fill up the application form, upload the photos and scanned copies of the required documents.
- Now submit the application form.
- After verification, your marriage certificate will be issued.
- You can also download it online from the same website.
Offline Application Process for Marriage Registration in Kerala:
- You can download the application form by visiting the website https://cr.lsgkerala.gov.in/Index.php. The direct links to download the application forms are mentioned below for your help.
- Download the form and take a print out in A4 sized paper.
- Fill up the application form, attach all required documents and submit it to the office of sub-registrar to complete the application.
- Upon successful verification, your marriage certificate will be issued.
- Birth Proof of both bride and groom
- Marriage proof
- Photographs of both bride and groom
- Residence Proof of both bride and groom: PAN card, voter ID card, ration, card, passport, aadhaar card, etc.
- Couple photograph at marriage
- Invitation card of marriage
- Hindu Marriage Application Form: https://cr.lsgkerala.gov.in/Docs/Hindu%20Marriage%20Rules%20Form%20I.pdf
- Special Marriage Application Form: https://cr.lsgkerala.gov.in/Docs/FORM%20No.%201&2%20Memorandum%20of%20Marriage%20Solemnization.pdf