How to Apply Marriage Certificate in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Salem, Tiruppur, Erode, Tirunelveli, Tiruvallur Tamil Nadu
The marriage certificate is a major statement indicating that the couple is married. In India, a marriage can be registered under the Hindu Marriage Act of 1955 or the Special Marriage Act of 1954. For the protection of the woman, the registration of marriage has been made compulsory by the Supreme Court in the year 2006. The process to apply for a marriage certificate in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Salem, Tiruppur, Erode, Tirunelveli, Tiruvallur Tamil Nadu is not that tough. The details are mentioned below.
- The age of the groom must be over 21 years and the age of the bride must be over 18 years.
- Both the bride and the groom must be a permanent resident of Tamil Nadu.
Offline Application Process for Marriage Certificate in Tamil Nadu:
- You can get the application form from the office of the sub-registrar. You can also get the application form online. You just have to click on the link http://www.tnreginet.net/pdf/Public_Utility_Forms_full/appln3.pdf or http://cms.tn.gov.in/sites/default/files/forms/Comp_Marriage_Forms_Eng_7_0.pdf to download the form.
- When you have completed the downloading of forms, just take a print out of it in A4 sized paper.
- Now, fill up the form with all relevant and correct information.
- Attach all required documents with the form and submit it to your nearest sub-registrar office.
- You will be given an appointment.
- On the date of the appointment, the couple has to be present before the registrar along with the witnesses.
- They have to sign in their respective places where the registrar will ask them to.
- The registrar will then declare them husband and wife.
Online Application Process for Marriage Certificate in Tamil Nadu:
- Actually, there is no online application process for the marriage certificate in Tamil Nadu. The only process is offline. But if you have already applied for the certificate and have not received it or lost it, you can download it by following the link http://www.tnreginet.net/english/smar.asp.
- You can enter the details of the bride and the groom to search your registration certificate and when you find it, you can download it and take a print out.
- Filled in application form
- Proof of Address: Passport, Ration Card, Voter ID card, Driving License, etc.
- 1 marriage photograph
- 2 passport size photograph
- Aadhaar card
- Copy of wedding card
- Documents and details of three witnesses