The Mizoram government has made the registration of marriage compulsory in their state. It has been done in accordance with the Special Marriage Rules 2006 and Mizoram Compulsory Registration of Marriage Rules 2007. The marriage here can be registered in the office of marriage registrar and only after the completion of registration; the marriage registration certificate will be issued. Here we are going to check the complete and easiest procedure using which you will able to register your marriage without any issue.
- The age of the bride must be 18 years or above and the age of the groom must be 21 years or above.
- Both must belong to Mizoram.
Application Process for Marriage Certificate in Mizoram:
- Visit the registrar office and get the application form.
- Fill up the form with accurate information.
- Affix the photos of both bride and groom in the form.
- The form must be signed by both bride and groom and two witnesses.
- Submit the application form or the Memorandum of Marriage (MOM) to the office of the registrar.
- After receiving the Memorandum of Marriage, the registrar will record a serial number and the date of submission.
- Now, after successful verification of all documents, the marriage registration certificate will be issued by the registrar.
- The thing which you need to remember is that at the time of marriage registration, both bride and groom must be present there.
- In case of special marriage, an additional declaration needs to be submitted.
- Application form for marriage registration.
- Age Proof: Birth Certificate or 10th Mark sheet of both bride and groom.
- Address Proof: Voter ID card, Ration Card, Passport, Driving License, etc. of both bride and groom.
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Voter ID Card, Aadhaar Card, etc. of both bride and groom.
- Photographs of both bride and groom.
- Wedding Invitation Card
- Two Witnesses
- If a common marriage is being registered within a month, no fee is necessary.
- If a common marriage is being registered after 30 days, the late fine is INR 100.
- If a common marriage is being registered after 3 months, you have to pay INR 50 for each delayed month, which can be increased up to INR 1000.
- The registration fee for special marriage is INR 100.