How to Apply for Marriage Certificate in Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Gandhinagar (Gujarat)
A marriage certificate is a very important document which not only authorizes your wedding but it can also help you in getting the passport, visa, PAN card, etc. For the life insurances and bank deposits, it is important too. The registration of marriage is now compulsory in Gujarat. It can be registered as Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Here we are going to provide the full process for the people of Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Gandhinagar (Gujarat) to apply for a Marriage Certificate.
Marriage Certificate Application Process in Gujarat:
- Before the application, you have to download and take print out of the application form.
- Visit https://www.suratmunicipal.gov.in/ and click on the Online Services section located on the home page.
- From the drop-down menu now select the option Online Forms.
- You will now found different forms to download on your screen. Choose the appropriate one for marriage registration. You can also download the form directly by clicking on the link https://www.suratmunicipal.gov.in/Content/Documents/Onlineforms/Marriage_Form1_MarriageCerti.zip.
- After downloading, take the print out of the form on A4 sized paper.
- Now, you have to fill up the form with appropriate information like name and address of both bride and groom. Both have to sign the application form along with three witnesses, who also have to mention their full name and address.
- Attach all required documents and submit the form to the office of marriage registrar.
- The joint photograph of the couple must be presented before the registrar.
- The documents which you have submitted along with the form will be verified along with the details of the form.
- If everything is found correct, your marriage certificate will be issued.
- The age of the bride must be 18 or above and the groom must be 21 years or above.
- Along with the application certificates for physical and mental health must be submitted too.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Gujarat.
- At the time of application, the couple must be living together.
- Address proof: PAN card, voter id card, ration, card, passport, aadhaar card, etc.
- School leaving certificate or birth certificate to check the birth date. You can also admit the affidavit from the tehsil or the PAN card with date of birth.
- Marriage Invitation Card
- Six passport sized photographs of bride and groom separately along with 3 joint photographs. Marriage photos can be presented too.