How to Apply Ration Card in Lucknow, Kanpur, Ghaziabad, Allahabad, Agra, Moradabad, Varanasi Uttar Pardesh (UP).
There are a lot of identification documents an Indian citizen carries; Ration Card is one of them. It is an official document issued to the Indian citizens by the Government of India. Having a ration card entitles the person to get a ration of food and fuel at government-sanctioned prices. With the help of a ration card, Indian Citizens can utilize the subsidies given to them such as sugar, rice, and fuel such as kerosene.
How to get a ration card in UP?
This card is considered as one of the most important things required for the livelihood of the Poor and Middle-Class People in India. It is their identity proof in the list of Government database. It is used for the establishment of their identity and eligibility for the Government authorized subsidies. Therefore, having a ration card becomes mandatory.
Different types of Ration Card
The cardis categorized into three major categories i.e.
- Above poverty line
- Below the poverty line
- Extreme poverty level
The families which are below the poverty line are given a Blue card so that they can avail the specific subsidies. Temporary ration cards are also provided by states, which comes with a specific validity.The extreme poverty level cards are issued to such family whose family income is less than Rs. 123. Laborers and unemployed people fall under this category.
The ‘above poverty line’ ration card is issued to people who earn more than 123 rupees per day. There is no limit on income and anyone above thepoverty line can apply for this category.
How can you apply for a ration card in UP?
There are two ways of applying for a Ration card in UP.
- For applying for your Ration card online, the first thing that you need is to visit the official website.
- The second thing that you need to do is to click on the link ‘Apply for Ration card online’.
- Fill up your contact details and “Click Next.”
- After feeding your contact details, you will receive an OTP.
- Then you need to fill the OTP no. on the website.
- Now you need to fill up your personal details and family details.
- After this, you will have to submit the scanned copy of your documents necessary on the site.
- Click on ‘Submit Now’ and you will receive your application number.
- You can print out the hard copy of the application number for further needs.
- You need to submit an application on a plain paper for the getting your ration card issued. Along with the application, you also need to submit the issuing certificate which you will get from the Sub-divisional magistrates or the rationing authority.
- Then you will receive a receipt along with a date on which you will have to collect your ration card. Stay real with whatever information you feed in the application. The officials will verify your address and the other details and if everything will be in order, you will get your card.