How to Apply SC/ST/OBC Certificate Online in Kolkata, Asansol, Siliguri, Durgapur, West Bengal
The caste certificate is actually a validation of a person pertaining to the caste he or she belongs to. Basically, it is a well-designed method of reservation to help the unprivileged section to stay equal to other castes in the society. How to apply SC/ST/OBC certificate in Kolkata, Asansol, Siliguri, Durgapur, West Bengal.
The online process for application of SC/ST/ OBC in West Bengal
- For those who are economically and socially unprivileged need to register their names on the site www.castcertificatewb.gov.in.
- Once you are on the site, you will need to browse through categories where you will come across the application form.
- As you click on that, a page will pop up where you have to enter the details like the district, subdivision, the municipality, and the block number.
- After that, you have to submit the criteria you are applying for like SSC, ST or OBC. Even you have to enter the community type as well.
- Later on, all details like applicant’s name, father’s name, mobile number, email id, date of birth and place of birth.
- Then the applicant has to enter details of both the present and permanent address. Along with that also have to fill-up the nationality, religion and the gender as well.
- Then the applicant has to submit the blood relation certificate of the paternal side.
- Supposedly, if the applicant migrates from a different country, then he or she has to provide the migration certificate number and the date of issue.
- Besides doing these the applicants have to provide the names of two referees.
The offline process for application of SC/ST/ OBC in West Bengal
- In order to collect the SC certificate form offline, you have to contact either of the following officials like the district magistrate, additional district magistrate, city magistrate or the Tehsildar of the place where the applicant or his family belong to.
- After contacting the Tehsildar, you have to submit the application form. Once submitted take the receipt of the same in return.
- Now, the Tehsildar will carry out the verification process. Once done, you will get the caste certificate in hand.