How to Apply SC/ST/OBC Certificate in Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Gandhinagar (Gujarat)
The Caste Certificate is an important document to have for job or education purpose. If you belong to backward classes like SC, ST, or OBC then having the caste certificate may gain you several reservation benefits. The application process has been made very simple by the government of Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Gandhinagar (Gujarat). Both the online and offline processes are mentioned below in detail for your help.
Online Process to Apply for Caste Certificate in Gujarat:
- Visit the official website of Digital Gujarat or you can also follow the link https://www.digitalgujarat.gov.in/Citizen/CitizenService.aspx.
- Click on the option ‘SC/ST Caste Certificate’.
- A new page will open on your screen with a button ‘Apply Online’. Click on that.
- Now, you can see the login options on your screen. Click on the button ‘Click for New Registration’.
- The online registration form will open on your screen. Fill it up with all the appropriate details and click on the button ‘Save’.
- Creating this account is very important as using it you will be able to apply for a total of 70 different services by the government of Gujarat.
- Now, choose the SC/ST option.
- Fill up the form that will come next along with uploading all required documents.
- Submit the form to complete the application.
Offline Process to Apply for Caste Certificate in Gujarat:
- For downloading the application form, you have to visit the official website of Digital Gujarat. You can follow the link too. https://www.digitalgujarat.gov.in/Citizen/CitizenService.aspx.
- There you have to click on the option ‘SC/ST Caste Certificate’.
- When a new page opens, click on Download Form there. You can also download the form directly by clicking on the link https://www.digitalgujarat.gov.in/DownLoad/pdfforms/s65.pdf.
- Fill up the form with all appropriate details. Attach all required documents with the form along with the passport sized photographs and submit it to your nearest block development office.
- If you have any query regarding the application process, feel free to call the caste certificate helpline at 18002335500.
Along with passport sized photographs, there are other documents too which are needed for the application. They are-
- Residence Proof: ration card, electricity bill, telephone bill, voter id card, bank passbook, driving license, etc.
- Identity Proof: voter id card, PAN card, driving license, aadhaar card, etc.
- Caste Proof: school leaving certificate or caste certificate of any family member.
- Relationship Proof: school leaving certificate.