PAN (Permanent Account Number) card is nowadays a mandatory document issued by the income tax department of India. The PAN number is a 10-digit alpha-numeric number. The transactions of the card holder can be monitored with the help of the number. Now you must have to link the PAN card with the Aadhaar card. There are times when the name or the date of birth in your PAN card is wrong and you need to change. We will describe the full details here. There are both online as well as offline process. How to Change Name/Date of Birth in Pan Card Online and Offline.
- First of all, you need to visit the NSDL website or you can click on the link too. https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html.
- You will see a dropdown there named ‘application type’. Select ‘PAN correction’ from there.
- You need to fill up all your personal details there.
- After the submission of details, you will get to see a token number on your screen. The same token number will be also sent to your mailbox. You will also see an option on the top of that page ‘Submit scanned images through e-sign’. Don’t forget to check that option and enter your PAN number correctly under that.
- Do the correction on all the necessary field. Don’t miss the fields with the ( *) mark.
- Enter the address correctly and click on next.
- Now you will get the option of uploading the address proof and identity proof.
- If you are using the aadhaar card as the proof of identity, you need to enter the aadhaar number correctly.
- After submitting the form, you will get to see a preview of the application form. Check all the details carefully once again and proceed to payment.
- If the address is within India, the processing fee is INR 110 and if the address is out of India, the fee will be INR 1020. The payment can be made by debit or credit card, net banking, and demand draft. On the demand draft, you must enter the name and acknowledgment number correctly.
- If the payment is successful, you will see an acknowledgment slip on the screen. Print it out.
- You need to paste passport size photographs in provided space and cross signature it.
- Now send it to the address “NSDL e-Gov at ‘Income Tax PAN Services Unit, NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016”. Proof of existing PAN, address, identity, date of birth, and demand draft if any must be attached with it while sending.
- For changing the PAN card details offline, you need to submit the PAN correction form at the nearest NSDL collection center along with filing a letter with the jurisdictional Assessing Officer. Click on the link to download the form https://www.tin-nsdl.com/downloads/pan/download/PAN-CR-Form_NSDL%20e-Gov_01.06.16.pdf.
- The form is same as the online one so filling up will be the same.
- If you are willing to change the name or address after marriage, the process will be the same but you need to provide some extra documents like marriage certificate, wedding invitation, and any other document showing the name of the spouce.