The Income Tax Department of India issues the PAN card to the citizens of India. It contains a 10 digit alphanumeric number using which the income tax status of any Indian citizen can be tracked. Other than an identity proof, the PAN card can be used in a lot of ways like purchase and sale of something, Money transactions, applying for Visa, and a lot of other things like this. If your PAN card is stolen or you have lost it then you will be able to apply for a duplicate PAN card online. The process is mentioned below.
Application Process for a Duplicate PAN Card:
- First of all, you must visit and log in the website of TIN-NSDL.
- After that, select online application for PAN.
- There you will see a option called ‘Reprint of PAN card’. Select that if your PAN card is misplaced, lost, or stolen.
- After clicking the option, a new page will open before you. You will find a link on the page, ‘Online Application for Changes/correction in PAN data’. Click on it.
- You will be again redirected to a page with all the guidelines on what you have to do next. Read all the guidelines carefully and then choose the PAN card type which is lost from the options like individual, firm, company, HUF, etc.
- You will now have to fill up an application form for your lost PAN card. You need to provide several information in the form like PAN number, name, phone number, address, email id, etc.
- Some documents also need to be submitted like ID proof and photograph. Before submission, the form needs to be properly signed by the applicant.
- You can submit the application online or you also have the choice of posting it to the NSDL attached with all the required documents.
- The fee for the process is Rs 107 if the address of communication is in India, and if outside India, the fee is Rs. 989. The fee can be paid via debit/ credit card or demand draft.
- After your submission and payment is successful, you will be provided a acknowledgment number. It can be used for checking the status of the application online.
- If all stays correct, you will get a duplicate PAN card at your address within 2 weeks time.