There are many voters in our country who don’t like to cast their vote and there are many who don’t even want to apply for it as they think that the process is very lengthy and it’s a complete waste of time. If they do apply for a card, sometimes they find out that there are some corrections which need to be done but people don’t do those corrections either as they feel that they will lose a lot of time standing in the queue. But nowadays, the process has become a lot simpler as you can do any kind of correction in your voter id card in minutes using the internet.
Serial Number in Voter ID:
There will be a Part Number and a Serial Number for every registered voter in the country. These numbers are helpful in identifying them as legal voters. The serial number is an important thing to know as anytime you want any correction in your voter id card, you have to provide your serial number.
If you have lost your voter id card, you can find the serial number easily online by following the below mentioned steps.
- Visit the official website of the Election Commission of India by clicking the link https://eci.gov.in/.
- You will find out the list of Indian states. Choose your home state there.
- Now, you have to select the district and from there.
- You can check your profile by entering the district or the account details.
- You can also check it using the EPIC number.
- When you have entered the details correctly, click on ‘Proceed’ and you will find a lot of different profiles on the screen matching the details you enter.
- Choose the profile you want from those profiles.
- There you will find every detail of your voter id card including your Part Number and Serial Number.
- You can then download the voter id and also take a print out of it later.