The countdown to the Lok Sabha elections has started in 2019. To prepare yourself, you should make sure that your voter ID or voter name has been included in this year’s voter list.
India celebrates its democracy by voting in elections. However, the list of voters gets updated again and again. It is possible to not find your name in the current electoral rolls.
So, let’s find out if your name is a part of this year’s voter list!
Checking Your Name in Voter List
Follow these steps to find your name in the list of voters in 2019:
- Access NVSP or National Voter Services Portal and reach the page called “Electoral Search”.
- There are two ways to find your name in this section- you can either enter your details manually to find the result. Or, utilize your EPIC number (Electoral Photo ID Card number). You can find your EPIC number on the voter ID you have.
Using the EPIC Number to Find Your Name
Written in bold letters, the EPIC number is available on your voter ID. You can use that number in the following manner:
- Go to NVSP and find the page called “Electoral Search” as before.
- Select the option “Search by EPIC No.”.
- In the given section, enter the available EPIC number. Then, use the drop-down list to select your state. Look at the code written on a given image and enter it in the provided section. Then, you can select “Search”.
- If your ID has been included in the current voter list, you will find your name in the result of your search. If no result appears, this may be due to the unavailability of your name.
Checking without the EPIC Number
If you are currently unable to access your voter ID, it doesn’t allow you to know the EPIC number written on it. In that case, you can use the following steps to access the required information:
- Find NVSP and reach the page of “Electoral Search”.
- Select the option called “Search by Details”.
- On the appeared page, follow the given instructions and include your details related to name, age, gender, assembly constituency, and others. Read the code given in the provided image and enter it. Then, click the “Search” option.
- This should result in presenting your name in the below area. If you don’t find any result, it is possible that your name is not available on the current list of voters.
In India, there are small spelling issues in voter IDs that can create the problem of missing names in the latest voter list. Wrong spellings can stop you from getting the result. Which is why you should apply the EPIC number method to search your name on the Electoral roll.
If you live in Bihar, Andhra Pradesh or Tamil Nadu, you can find the information associated with your name on the latest voter list through an SMS. You can opt for this service by reaching the page of the Election Commission for CEO website and pick the state you live in. Then, you can find and select the option of checking your name on the current voter list through SMS.
Hopefully, this article will help you find the status of your availability on the voter list of 2019.