The Indian constitution has given the right to vote to all its citizens but you can vote only if you have the Voter ID Card. Every citizen over 18 years of age can apply for their Voter ID Card as voting is their right. Other than voting, the Voter ID Card is also an important identification proof considered by all government-authorized organizations. Like in most states, the process to apply for a Voter ID Card is simple in Mizoram too. You just have to follow the below-mentioned steps.
Application Process for the Voter ID card in Mizoram:
- You have to visit the official election commission website by clicking the link http://eci.nic.in/eci/eci.html.
- On the homepage, you will get the option ‘National Voters Service Portal’. Click on it. You can also visit the website http://www.nvsp.in/
- On the homepage, you can click on the option “Apply Online for registration of new voter/due to shifting for AC” for the application. The direct link for the application form is http://www.nvsp.in/Forms/Forms/form6.
- Now, you will find the application form open on your screen. The medium of the form will be Hindi but you can change it to English. Above the heading, there is a drop-down button; you can change it from there. You can directly get the English for by clicking the link http://www.nvsp.in/Forms/Forms/form6?lang=en-GB.
- Fill up the form with accurate information. Select Mizoram as the state. Don’t forget to fill all blanks with an asterisk (*) mark.
- After filling up, check all the details carefully before submission. Then upload scanned copies of all required documents in jpg, png, or jpeg format. Upload your photograph too.
- After uploading all, you have to click on the submit button to complete the submission of the application.
- After submission, you will find an acknowledgment slip on the screen with an acknowledgment number. Save that or take a print out.
- After verification, if all the information is found correct, your Voter ID Card will be issued within 30 working days.
- You can check the status of your voter id card by clicking on the link http://www.nvsp.in/Forms/Forms/trackstatus and entering your acknowledgment slip details.
- Age Proof: Birth Certificate, High School Marksheet, Driving License, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Passport, etc.
- Address Proof: Ration Card, Passport, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Gas Bill, Water Bill, Driving License, etc.