India is a democratic nation and every citizen here has the right to vote for choosing the government. But for that, you must have a Voter ID card. It is issued by the Election Commission of India and is used as a valid identity proof too. The application process for the Voter ID card in Chandigarh is mentioned below.
- The age of the applicant must be over 18 years.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
Online Application Process for Voter ID card in Chandigarh:
- Visit the website http://ceochandigarh.nic.in/.
- You have to click on the tab, ‘National Voters Service Portal’.
- There you will get the option, ‘Apply Online for registration of new voter’. Click on that.
- You will find the Form 6 on your screen. Fill it up with appropriate information.
- Now upload the scanned copies of all required documents.
- Submit the application after check it carefully.
- Note down the application number visible on your screen. It can be later used to track the status of your voter id card.
- The verification of your address will be done by a Booth Level Officer.
- After that, you will get your voter id card issued and sent to you via post.
Offline Application Process for Voter ID card in Chandigarh:
- You have to visit the Electoral office and ask for Form 6. You can also download the form by visiting http://ceochandigarh.nic.in/.
- Fill up the form with correct information.
- Attach all required documents with it and submit it to your nearest Electoral office.
- You will get a receipt after submission which will carry a reference number. It can be later used to track the status of your voter id card.
- The Booth Level Officer will then visit your house for verification purpose.
- After verification, your voter id card will be issued and delivered to you via post.
- You can check the status of your voter id card by visiting http://ceochandigarh.nic.in/. You have to click on the tab, ‘National Voters Service Portal’ and then click on ‘Track Application Status’.
- Now, enter the reference number or application number to check the status.
- Passport Sized Photograph
- Proof of Age: Birth Certificate, Passport, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, etc.
- Proof of Address: Ration Card, Passport, Bank Passbook, Driving License, etc.