How to for Apply Birth/Death Certificate Online in Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala, Bathinda, Punjab
For the records, the birth registration of a child is very important. It is a proof that the person exists in a particular area of the country. Without a birth certificate, the citizenship or the national identity of a person is not granted. So, all the parents must complete the registration procedure for the future of their child. Just like the birth certificate, the death certificate is also important as it will allow the relatives of the dead person to avail some facilities like widow pensions or loans. The procedure to get the birth or death certificates is quite easy but you have to go through proper steps. For the people of Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala, Bathinda, Punjab, the steps are mentioned below.
Online Application for Birth/Death Certificate in Punjab:
- Visit http://punjab.gov.in//web/guest/home/.
- On the right hand side, check out for the dropdown menu called ‘List of Online services’.
- Choose whichever certificate you want. You will get the online application option.
- But you will not be able to fill up the form unless you are registered with the website.
- After completing the registration, fill up the form with correct details and upload all appropriate documents. You will get the list of documents on the website.
- Now, submit the form and download the acknowledgment slip. Take a print out of that.
- You can track the application status by visiting the website http://punjab.gov.in//web/guest/home/ and checking out for the status tracker on the right hand side of the website.
Offline Application for Birth/Death Certificate in Punjab:
- First, you have to download the form by visiting the website http://punjab.gov.in//web/guest/home/.
- The process is quite same like before as you have to check out for the dropdown menu called ‘List of Online services’ on the right hand side. Choose the certificate you need. Click on download form there.
- Take a print out of the form on A4 sized paper. You can also get the form from the office of the registrar of birth and death or Suwidha Center.
- Fill up the form correctly and submit it to the office of the registrar of birth and death or Suwidha Center after attaching all appropriate documents.
- After successful submission, you will be given an acknowledgment slip with acknowledgment number.
- You can track the status of the application online later with the help of the acknowledgment number.