Link Voters ID with Adhaar – UPDATE Voter ID EPIC Online
Recently, an important news article that went unnoticed was Election Commission’s guidelines on “To Link Aadhaar Card to Voter Id”. This move to Link Aadhaar Card to Voter ID is named as National Electoral Roll Purification and Authentication Programme (NERPAP). The basic objective is to remove bogus voters from the electoral roll, remove multiple records, and make it error-free. It will help election commission to collate biometric data of a voter from the Aadhaar database.
The process of Aadhaar-voter ID card seeding is also referred as EPIC (Electoral Photo Identification Card)-Aadhaar Seeding. This exercise to link Aadhaar card to voter id will help to link Mobile No and Email of a voter with Voter id. In the future, it will be easy to communicate with the voter and no one knows, in next election, you may receive voter slip through Mobile. With this background, let’s discuss how to link Aadhaar card to voter id online.
Link Aadhaar Card to Voter ID (EPIC):
Linking Aadhar card to a voter ID card can be done through website, mobile, or phone call.
- If you choose to link your Aadhar card to a voter ID card through the website, you need to log in to the official website of National Voters’ Service Portal or click on the link https://electoralsearch.in.
- Then you need to enter your personal details into that website or you can just enter your voter ID or EPIC number to that website and need to click on “Search.”
- All your voter ID card details will be displayed to you.
- Against your Voter ID details, you will get an option to “Seed Aadhaar No.”. Before you click “Seed Aadhaar No”, please make sure that the pop up option of your web browser is enabled.
- After clicking “Seed Aadhar No,” a pop-up window will open. You need to enter your name, Aadhar number, mobile number, email ID, and EPIC number (which is your Voter ID number).
- Then you need to click on “Submit” after entering all the details. On Successful submission, you will receive a message in the same pop-up window mentioning that “Your request for linking Aadhaar number with Electoral Roll database has been successfully registered.”
- You can also link Aadhaar card to voter ID through mobile either by sending SMS or by using a mobile app. If you want to link Aadhaar card to voter ID through SMS then you need to type ECILINK<space>EPIC_Number<space>Aadhaar Number and send this SMS to 166 or 51969. Please note that standard SMS charges will apply. If you are a smartphone user then you can link Aadhaar card to voter ID through Mobile Apps, but for that, you need to check the website of Chief Election Commissioner of your state whether or not the mobile app is available for your state or not (Currently available for Andhra Pradesh).
- Another option available to link Aadhaar card to voter ID is through the call center. You can call 1950 from your mobile or landline in between 10 AM to 5 PM. The helpline executive will seek details like Aadhaar No and Voter ID to link Aadhaar card to voter ID. He or she will enter all the details in the system on your behalf.
By using these options as mentioned above, you can link Aadhaar card to voter ID online.