Are you fed up with waiting in long queues to register your name in voter list; here is the easy and simple way to download the form online.
India is a democratic country, Indians select leaders for five years. It is a simple but important way to elect a leader. The person who is 18 years old is eligible for the voter ID.
You can now register for your voter ID card application form by accessing the voter ID login on the NVSP website and registering to get your name on the election’s electoral roll. There are 12 existing online voter ID card registration forms that are related to registration for inclusion on the electoral roll by an eligible elector. Each form has its separate purpose. It is not required to fill every single voter ID card form, only the ones relevant to you. However, the most important forms are Form 6 and Form 6A which must be filled for the inclusion of your name on the electoral roll. These are the first forms to be filled depending on whether you are a resident elector (form 6) or an overseas Indian elector (form 6A).
Below is the description of how to download all the forms:-
OBTAINING THE RIGHT FORM:
- Visit the official website of the Election Commission.
- Click on National voter Service Portal it will redirect you to the National Voters Service Portal (NVSP).
- Click on Apply online for registration of a new voter.
- Form 6 will open up for you to fill.
FILLING AND SUBMITTING FORM
- You can choose any Indian languages which you are comfortable to read and write.
- Select your state or Parliamentary Constituency.
- Enter your personal details which include Name, Age and Date of birth, Place of birth. Father/Mother/Husband’s name, Address & Contact details, Description of family who is already enrolled.
- Any field marked with an asterisk is mandatory and to be filled properly.
- You can then upload supporting documents like Aadhar, Driving license, etc.
- Enter the place and date of filling the form
- You can save your filled form and continue at a later time. If you’ve completed your form, you can click on Submit.
The right of vote is for selecting the best leaders by citizens of the country. Some misuse their rights and mislead the citizens. The right that was won after many struggles and sacrifices, a voting day should not be written away as a mere public holiday. It is a chance for you to change/ retain your government. If you do not have a Voters ID Card, now is a good time to apply for one. Not only is it a privilege, but also an integral part of your identity.