In India, getting an Arms License is not that easy. There are several criteria following which you will get the license. You will have to prove that the gun you are having will only be used for personal protection and target shooting if you are in shooting sports. Only for the sake of collection and for killing any animal, the arms are not provided. A normal civilian can have a maximum of 3 licenses for arms. Most people with three licenses hold a handgun, a shotgun, and a rifle. In Bihar, if you want to apply for arms license, you have to go through a proper gateway. There is no online process of application for arms license in Patna, Gaya, Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Bihar. The full process is mentioned below for your help.
Application Process for Arms License in Bihar:
- You need to get a Form-A for the application. You can get the form from the office of District Commissioner or online. Check the form here http://www.home.bih.nic.in/Download/FORM%20OF%20APPLICATION%20FOR%20AN%20ARMS%20LICENCE.%20-%20FORM-A.pdf.
- After getting the form fill it up with all correct information and attach proper documents with it.
- The applicant also has to report to the Police and the Chief Wildlife Warden other than just submitting the form.
- The reports from those two departments will be thoroughly verified along with all the documents.
- After that, you will get an appointment for an interview in front of the District Commissioner.
- The District Commissioner will verify all the documents once again and ask certain questions on the use of the weapon.
- When he is satisfied, he will issue the Arms License Book to the applicant.
- After getting the Arms License Book, the applicant must purchase a weapon within a maximum time of 6 months.
- He must visit the Arms Licensing Branch once again after buying the weapon and submit it along with the receipt from the gun house, an application for the entry of the weapon, and the Arms License Book.
- Now, the inspection will be done by the office of District Magistrate and once he is satisfied, the applicant will get the Arms License Book with the signature of the District Magistrate along with his gun.
- The license has to be renewed from time to time as the maximum validity of an arms license in 3 years. After that, if you keep the gun without renewing the license, it is a punishable offense.