How to Apply Birth/Death Certificate Online in Raipur, Ambikapur, Bhilai-Durg & Bilaspur Chhattisgarh
The government of Chattisgarh had made the birth and death registration compulsory for every citizen. The registration of birth and death must be done within 21 days of the occurrence. You can get the birth or death certificate only after completing the registration. Both the certificates have different benefits. Where the birth certificate is an important identity proof and is acceptable as all government organizations, the death certificate in Raipur, Ambikapur, Bhilai-Durg & Bilaspur Chhattisgarh helps the widow get certain benefits. Both online and offline application processes for the certificates are mentioned below.
Online Application Process for Birth or Death Certificate in Chattisgarh:
- Visit https://edistrict.cgstate.gov.in/.
- From the homepage menu, select Certificate Services.
- A new page will open where the offered services will be visible.
- You can select the option of birth or death registration from there.
- You will get the option to log in. If you are a new user, register first and then log in using your id and password.
- Application form will open. Provide all required information.
- Upload the required documents and submit the application form.
- You will be provided an acknowledgment slip, which can be used later to track the status of the application from the same website.
Offline Application Process for Birth or Death Certificate in Chattisgarh:
- You have to get the application form first. For home birth or death, you can download the form by clicking the link https://edistrict.cgstate.gov.in/PACE/resources/docFormat/61.pdf.
- For the birth or death at the hospital, you have to download an additional form. You can get it here https://edistrict.cgstate.gov.in/PACE/resources/docFormat/245.pdf.
- Now, fill it up, attach required documents and submit to the concerned authorities at municipality or Panchayat.
- You can check the status of your application later by clicking visiting the e-district portal at https://edistrict.cgstate.gov.in/.
Documents Required for Application of Birth certificate:
- Marriage Certificate of Parents
- Birth certificate of Parents
- Identity Proof of Parents
- Proof of Birth issued by the Hospital Authority
- Affidavit if the Birth is at Home
Documents Required for Application of Death certificate:
- Several details about the deceased like name, gender, occupation, nationality, religion, etc.
- Father or Husband’s name
- Date of Death
- Place of Death
- Full Address
- If the Death is not Natural, Post-mortem report.
- If the Death happened at the police station, jail, or hospital, a report is needed from the concerned authority.