How to Birth/Death Certificate in Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Kozhikode, Kollam, Thrissur, Alappuzha, Palakkad Kerala
According to the Birth & Deaths Act 1969, the registration of birth or death is necessary according to the Kerala state government. We all know that birth certificate will become one of the most important identity proofs for all your life. It is required in different places like during the admission at school, or application for a passport, voter ID card, or aadhaar card. Likewise, the death certificate has its own use too. There are several facilities which are provided to a widow of backward class or poor background. There are various pension plans for the widows which require the death certificate of their husband. But to avail those offers, you must have the birth or death certificate. Here we are going to mention several steps for the people of Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Kozhikode, Kollam, Thrissur, Alappuzha, Palakkad Kerala which will help them in applying for the birth or death certificate.
Application Process for Birth and Death Registration in Kerala:
- Before application, you must consider one thing. The application must be done within 21 days of the occurrence of birth or death. If not done within 21 days a marginal fine might be applicable during the application for delay.
- You have to download the application form first. The links to download the application forms for both birth and death certificates are mentioned below.
- Fill up the application form with all required information.
- Attach all required documents with the application form and submit it to the office of the registrar.
- Verification will be done and after successful verification, your birth or death certificate will be issued.
- After issuance, you can download the certificates from https://cr.lsgkerala.gov.in/Index.php.
- Within 21 days there is no fee for the application.
- After 21 days, for application within one year, you have to pay a fine of Rs. 5.
- If the application is done after a year, the fine will be Rs. 10.
Required Documents for Birth Certificate Registration:
- Application Form
- Parent’s identity proof
- Proof of residence
- Hospital provided proof of birth
- Affidavit if the birth occurred at home
- Processing fee
Required Documents for Death Certificate Registration:
- Application Form
- Details about the person like name, religion, gender, occupation, etc.
- Date of death
- Father’s or Husband’s name
- Full Address
- Place of Death
- Postmortem Report
Birth Certificate: https://cr.lsgkerala.gov.in/Docs/Form%20No.1%20Birth%20Report.pdf
Death Certificate: https://cr.lsgkerala.gov.in/Docs/Form%20No.2%20Death%20Report.pdf