How to Apply Driving Licence Online in Kolkata, Asansol, Siliguri, Durgapur, West Bengal
The driving license is basically an official identification given to a person as an evidence who is authorized to drive any vehicle on the road whether its highway or any other public area. According to Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, an individual need to get this legal license from the Regional Transport Office or the RTO of the concerned state in India. Below mentioned are the ways to acquire the driving license in Kolkata, Asansol, Siliguri, Durgapur, West Bengal state in India both online and offline.
Online process for applying the driving license in West Bengal
- If you want to enjoy driving in West Bengal and all over India, you have to get the driving license from the official site <http://vahan.wb.nic.in/wb/>.
- To apply for the driving licence in West Bengal, just visit the above website and click on Vahan E-service program. It issues the driving license that authorizes you to drive a specific category of motor in any area of India.
- For applicants, those who are in the age group of fifteen to eighteen years are liable to drive only 50 cc in the category of non-geared.
- Moreover, the applicants those who are above eighteen years of age can drive any vehicle for own use in the non-transport category.
- And people who are beyond twenty years can get the driving license for driving any type of motor. Remember here no special categories are applied.
- To crack the eligibility criteria for the driving license one needs to pursue the learner’s license initially. For that, one must appear for the written exam. Actually, the written test includes both writing and oral. Most importantly the test is designed to understand driver’s knowledge regarding the road safety regulations. In addition to that, he is also tested on his information regarding the awareness signs.
- Thus, once the applicant gets the learners license, he can apply for the permanent driving license anytime within one-month time. But one must remember the temporary license will expire after six months and are not renewable.
Offline process for applying the driving license in West Bengal
- The applicant must obtain the Form 4 A form either the state transport site or from the nearest Regional Transport office or the RTO.
- It has to be filled up and submitted with all the documents like the address, identification proof, and age proof to the authorized RTO your jurisdiction.
- After that, the applicant has to apply for the driving license test at the RTO and for that, they might have to pay a certain fee as well.
- Once cleared, the applicant will get the licence through the post.