One of the most important identification documents along with the voter id card and passport is the driving license. Sometimes you have to submit a copy of it to some government organizations but if it has an error in name or the address, then you have to face some issues. The errors may happen but you do not have to worry as the details may be changed. There are some cases too where the name and the address change after marriage. There is not completely an online process for the change but a mixture of both online and offline as you have to do some things manually. The details are described below, you need to follow the steps.
Process of changing name or address in the driving license:
- First of all, gather all the necessary documents together like current license and other legal documents providing information about your change in name or address. To get the necessary documents list, you can visit the official website or you can contact any driving school.
- You need to provide a legal reason for the name and address change like if it is changing after marriage, then you have to present your marriage certificate.
- The language of the document must be simple so that the officials could understand it easily.
- Now once you have checked all the boxes, you need to get all the documents right. The list of documents needed as follows-
- Form L.L.D (Can get at the official website or the RTO office)
- Form 1 – The details of the name or address change is mentioned here. (Can get at the official website or the RTO office)
- Marriage certificate – If the person is married, especially for the ladies.
- ID Proof – Passport, voter id card, or passport.
- Address Proof – Passport or voter id card
- Copy of the previous driving license
- The processing fee which may differ from time to time and state to state
- Now, you have to visit the RTO office with all these documents where the processing will be done.
- The approval of the officer verifying the documents is must for the change.
- Now, you have to visit the data entry section where all the information will be collected.
- The collection center will then collect the biometric photograph along with the signature.
- The details will be checked very carefully before issuing new license.
- You will be given a receipt which you can use as a temporary driving license.
- The original license will be sent to you to your registered address. Usually, it takes around 10 days to get a new license.