Getting an arms license in Madhya Pradesh is not an easy task but still, you can get it under the Arms Act of 1959. But the civilians are only allowed to purchase the guns which are NPB (Non Prohibited Bore). If any civilian has a major threat towards his life, the act allows him or her to keep a gun for the safety of their life. But to prove the threat, you need a copy of FIR (First Information Post), where you had stated about the life threat.
Application Process to Get an Arms License in Madhya Pradesh:
- You can purchase the application form from the office of ADM or Collectorate. You can also find the application form in some other places at the premises of Collectorate.
- You have to fill up the form with all accurate information and then you have to send it to the S.P. office for the police verification.
- After the completion of verification, the application will be sent to your local police station.
- Your address proof and the authenticity details of the applicant will be verified by the Thana In-charge of the local police station.
- After that, the application will be forwarded to the CSP of that very area for completing further verification.
- The remarks of the CSP is very important as his or her remarks will decide that whether the applicant will get the arms license or not.
- After the remarks of the CSP, the form will be resent to the S.P. office once again.
- Now the general level police verification will be at the S.P. office and for the criminal background check of the applicant, the form is sent to the DSB (District Special Branch) office.
- The criminal background is thoroughly checked at the DSB office and forwarded again to the S.P. office with a complete report.
- Now the total reports will be submitted to higher officials like the ASP or the SP. The highest authority, who will approve or disapprove the application is the SSP.
- After the approval of the SSP, the application is sent to the ADM office or Collectorate along with a covering letter.
- Now, the verification process is completed and after receiving the form and covering letter with the approval of SSP, the license is released.