How to Apply for Widow and Old Age Pension in Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Gandhinagar (Gujarat)
The government of India in association with the government of Gujarat are providing some great pension schemes for the people of the state. Some of the schemes which are provided by the government of India are National Family Benefit Scheme, Cash Assistance to Antyodaya Scheme, Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme, and Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme. Here we are going to describe how the people of Gujarat can easily apply for the Old age and widow pension in Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Gandhinagar (Gujarat). The details are mentioned below.
Application Process for Old Age Pension in Gujarat:
- People over the age of 60 can avail this facility if they are below the poverty line. The scheme is a part of the NSAP (National Social Assistance Program).
- If the age of the person is 60 or above, he/she will get the amount of INR 400 per month and if the age is 80 or above, the amount of the pension will be INR 700 per month.
- Download the application form by visiting the official NSAP website. You can also download it by clicking on the link http://nsap.nic.in/nsap/nsap_legacy.html.
- After downloading, fill it up and attach all required documents with it.
- Submit it your nearest Social Welfare Department office.
Application Process for Widow Pension in Gujarat:
- Widows above the age of 18 who are below the poverty line can avail this facility provided by the government. This scheme is also a part of the NSAP (National Social Assistance Program).
- The widow will be provided an amount of INR 700 till she gets married again. The pension will also stop when her son will turn 21.
- The application process is the same as the form has to downloaded by visiting http://nsap.nic.in/nsap/nsap_legacy.html.
- The form must be filled up with accurate details and all required documents must be attached with it.
- When all done, submit it to the nearest office of the Social Welfare Department.
Documents Required for Old Age Pension:
- Documental proof of the BPL score which must be between 0 to 16.
- Age Proof
- Address Proof
- Citizenship Proof
Documents Required for Widow Pension:
- BPL score proof.
- Death certificate of the husband.
- Citizenship Proof.
- Age Proof.
- Address Proof.
Feel free to convey your messages or any query through our comments section below. Stay Tuned.