How to Apply Indian/Overseas Passport in Indore, Bhopal, Jabalpur, Gwalior, Ujjain, Sagar, Rewa Madhya Pradesh.
The passport is an official document which is issued by the government of India. The person with a passport has the permission to fly around countries. It is used as an identity proof too which confirms the nationality of an Indian citizen. Usually, you will find three types of passports, Official Passport, Personal Passport, and Diplomatic Passport. The ordinary citizens of India are issued the personal passport for the purpose of traveling whereas the official passport is for the people who frequently travel for official or government purpose. The people who are posted abroad are given the diplomatic passports. If you stay in Madhya Pradesh and do not know the procedure to apply for an Indian/ Overseas passport in Indore, Bhopal, Jabalpur, Gwalior, Ujjain, Sagar, Dewas, Satna, Ratlam, Rewa, the complete process is mentioned below for you.
Indian/ Overseas Application Process in Madhya Pradesh:
- First, you have to register at the online portal of Passport Seva. To visit the registration page, you can click on the link https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/user/RegistrationBaseAction?request_locale=en.
- After that, you have to log in the website using the Login id and password you created.
- There you will find the link, ‘Apply for Fresh Passport / Re-issue of Passport.’ Click on that.
- If you are applying for a fresh passport, make sure you never held a passport before. If you held either of the three types of passport before, you need to opt for the re-issue option.
- Fill all the required details of the form correctly and submit it.
- While submitting the form, on the ‘View Saved/ Submitted Applications’ page, you will find the ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’ link. You can click on the link to pay and book the appointment.
- The payment can be done using debit / credit card, Internet Banking, and Bank Challan of State Bank of India.
- After completing the payment, click on ‘Print Application Receipt’. You will get the appointment number on the slip. Keep a print-out of that.
- At the time of appointment, you have to visit the Regional Passport Office or the Passport Seva Kendra with all original documents for verification.
- The police verification is also an important factor here as without passing it, you will not be issued a passport.
- If you passed all the verifications successfully, you will get the passport by post to your registered address within four to six weeks time.