How to Apply Indian/Overseas Passport in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Salem, Tiruppur, Erode, Tirunelveli, Tiruvallur Tamil Nadu
To provide passports easily to the people of India, the government of Indian has started the Passport Seva project. The same project is used to get a passport in Tamil Nadu. Passport is the most important document which is required when you are thinking to travel abroad. It is also regarded as a major identity proof for a person worldwide. Without any more delay, here we are going to describe the complete process, which will help you to apply for a passport in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Salem, Tiruppur, Erode, Tirunelveli, Tiruvallur Tamil Nadu.
Online Application process for Passport in India:
- Visit the official Passport India website by clicking the link http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink .
- First, you have to register to the website.
- After registration, log in the website using your user ID and password.
- Now, fill up the application form for the passport with all correct information.
- Upload the scanned copies of all required documents and submit the application.
- Now, you have to pay and book an appointment at your nearest Passport Seva Kendra. Click on the link to check the available appointments at your nearest PSK. https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/apptAvailStatus#.
- You can also check out the complete process to book an appointment online by clicking the link https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/pdf/New_Online_Appointment_Booking_Process.pdf.
- You can pay using a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- After booking the appointment, visit the Passport Seva Kendra with all original documents for verification.
- Your application will be submitted and you will be given an acknowledgment slip, which you can later use to track the status of your application.
- Various verification processes will be completed after that including the police verification.
- If all found good, your passport will be issued and send to you by post. It can take up to 60 working days to issue a passport.
Offline Application process for Passport in India:
- You can get the application form from your nearest Passport Seva Kendra.
- Fill up the application form and attach all required documents with it.
- Submit it along with the fee in cash or demand draft.
- You will be given an acknowledgment slip.
- The rest of the verification process is the same as online application.
- You can check the complete offline application process here https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/pdf/ApplicationformInstructionBooklet-V3.0.pdf.
- Address Proof: Voter ID Card, PAN card, Telephone Bill, Electricity Bill, Gas Bill, etc.
- Age Proof: School Leaving Certificate, Birth Certificate, LIC Policy Bond, PAN Card, Driving License, etc.
- Identity Proof: Voter ID card, Aadhaar Card, Ration Card, Driving License, etc.