How to Apply Indian/Overseas Passport in Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Kozhikode, Kollam, Thrissur, Alappuzha, Palakkad Kerala
The passport is the most important document required to travel between countries. It allows the holder to travel all across the globe after getting a visa. It is also considered as an identity proof which confirms the nationality of an Indian citizen. It contains a lot of information about the user like name, photograph, date of birth, address, etc. The people of Kerala who don’t know the application process yet and are willing to apply for a passport can follow the below-mentioned steps and apply for a passport easily in Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Kozhikode, Kollam, Thrissur, Alappuzha, Palakkad Kerala.
Application Process for Passport in Kerala:
- For the application, first, you have to visit the website of Passport Seva Portal and register there. You can visit the website by clicking on the link https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/.
- If you are not registered, register first to the website.
- After that, log in using your user id and password.
- Now you will get the link to apply for a fresh passport on the homepage.
- After clicking on it, a form will appear. Fill it up properly, upload the scanned copies of all required documents and submit it.
- After the submission, you have to click on the link, pay and schedule appointment.
- Book the appointment and complete the payment online using credit or debit card, net banking, or SBI bank Challan.
- You can now take a print out of the receipt. It will contain the appointment number.
- Now visit the Passport Seva Kendra with all original documents which are required like proof of residence, proof of nationality, photograph, etc.
- You can search the nearest Passport Seva Kendra with the help of the link https://india.gov.in/locate-passport-services-centre-your-state.
- Verification of the documents will be done and your passport application will be submitted.
- After that, a series of verifications will commence including the police verification, which is very important.
- If all found good, your passport will be issued and sent to you via post on your registered address.
- It usually takes 6 weeks time to issue a passport but sometimes it may take more.
- Identity Proof: Voter ID card, PAN Card, Aadhaar card, Driving License, etc.
- Address Proof: Water Bill, Telephone Bill, Electricity Bill, Bank Statement, Aadhaar Card, Gas Connection details, etc.
- Birth Proof: Birth certificate issued by the Municipal Authority, Class X Certificate, etc.