The issuance of passport to government employees or PSU has been made pretty simple by the government of India. But still, there are a lot of government employees who find it very difficult to obtain No objection certificates and identity certificates. The government came up with a great plan to resolve the issue. They introduced another feature called Prior Intimation letter. Before the submission of the application, the applicant has to send this letter to the controlling authority. Now, this speeds us the process and remove any kind of complication in it. Let’s now check out the complete application process which the government employees can use to apply for their passports easily.
- First of all, the government employees must submit their Prior Intimation letter to the controlling authority.
- Any objections of the authority will be directly sent to the RPO.
- The passport application process is then similar as the normal procedure.
- Any family member of the government employee will not be considered here and must use the usual process for application.
- After registering to the Passport Seva Website and filing up the application form, the applicant has to pay the fee and book an appointment.
- At the time of the appointment, the applicant needs to visit the nearest PSK with all documents.
- After the verification of all documents, the applicant will be provided an acknowledgment receipt which has to be kept for further reference.
- If all verification goes fine, the passport will be couriered to your registered address.
Required Documents for Government Employees:
- A Prior Intimation copy to the controlling authority or administrative authority.
- A No Objection Certificate is also required from the controlling authority or administrative authority.
- An Identity Certificate is also necessary from the controlling authority or administrative authority.