People today like to travel a lot. Due to better traveling methods present today the reliability is increasing and more and more people like to roam across the world and witness different cultures. But for doing that, you must have the passport in your kit bag. Without it, you can’t travel outside your country. The official document is provided by the government of India and it allows them to visit anywhere in the world they want.
In India, a passport application can be done in both online and offline ways. Passport application can be done offline through the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) and their official website can be used to apply online. After applying, you have to book an appointment and at the appointment date, you have to visit the PSK with Xerox and original copies of all required documents and the application form. Here we are going to help you out with complete details regarding the form submission process at the PSK.
- After entering the PSK, a security check is done for every individual.
- Then the applicant gets in the pre-processing area and there they will be issued a token containing a serial number.
- The applicant has to wait now until his or her number is displayed on the screen there. On the screen, the counter number will be displayed to where he or she has to visit.
- On the first counter, the applicant has to provide all the documents. The CSE (Customer Service Executive) will upload all submitted documents to the Passport Seva system. The fingerprints and the photograph of the applicant will be taken there too.
- After that, the application fee will be collected in not paid online. All details will be listed and printed in a form and will be given to the applicant for signature and verification. After that, they will be uploaded to the system. When he is done in the first counter, now the applicant has to wait for his call to the second counter.
- In the next counter, all submitted documents will be checked thoroughly by the verification officer. When all done, the applicant has to wait for his call to the third counter.
- The granting officer on the third counter will confirm whether all previous processes are done or not and will mention that whether the passport will be granted or not. After that, you have to leave the counter.
- At the exit counter, the applicant will be given an acknowledgment letter after successful submission.
- After returning home a few more verifications will be done including the police verification.
- If all goes good, the passport will be issued and sent to you on your registered address with 3 weeks time.