How to Apply (APL & BPL) Ration Card in Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Kozhikode, Kollam, Thrissur, Alappuzha, Palakkad Kerala
Ration card is a document which is not only used to get essential commodities at a controlled price but is also regarded as an identity proof in all government-authorized organizations. The government of Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Kozhikode, Kollam, Thrissur, Alappuzha, Palakkad Kerala has made the application process pretty simple for the citizens. The complete process is mentioned below.
Types of Ration Cards:
- Yellow Card: For Antyodaya Anna Yojana Beneficiaries
- Pink Card: BPL (Below Poverty Level)
- Blue Card: APL (Above Poverty Level)
- White Card: Non – Priority
Online Application Process for Ration Card in Kerala:
- You can visit the official website of the Civil Supplies Department of Kerala by clicking the link https://www.civilsupplieskerala.gov.in/.
- Now, you have to click on register now first.
- An application form will open on your screen. Fill up the form with appropriate details.
- Now, for completing the registration, submit the form.
- The activation link will be sent to your registered mail id. Click on that to activate the account.
- After that, log in using your user id and password.
- Now click on the option, ‘Issue of new ration card’.
- The Application form will open.
- Enter all mandatory details in the form.
- Upload scanned copies all required documents. You need to ensure that the document is in PDF format and the size of the document must not cross 250KB.
- Before submitting the form double check all as any wrong information may lead to cancellation of your form.
- Submit the form and note down the application number for further reference.
- You can check the status of the application on the same website using that application number later.
- After the approval of the application, the fee for application will be collected from you. The fee for the application is INR 5.
Offline Application Process for Ration Card in Kerala:
- Visit your nearest TSO or DSO office and collect a form for application of new ration card.
- Fill up the application, attach all required documents and submit it to the TSO or DSO office with the application fee.
- Your details will be verified and the ration card will be issued within 15 working days.
- Application Form (In case of Offline Application)
- A Certificate from Ward Councilor
- Passport Sized Photograph
- Birth Proof: SSLC Book, Birth Certificate, etc.
- Identity Proof: Voter ID card, Aadhaar Card, Passport, PAN Card, etc.