How to Apply (APL and BPL) Ration Card in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Salem, Tiruppur, Erode, Tirunelveli, Tiruvallur Tamil Nadu
One of the fundamental and necessary government documents issued to the citizens of India by the government is the ration card. It helps us to get our daily life essential commodities like rice, sugar, kerosene, fertilizers, etc at controlled rates. Not only that but the ration card is also a widely used identity proof, accepted in all government-authorized organizations. Here we are going to take a look at the ration card application process in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Salem, Tiruppur, Erode, Tirunelveli, Tiruvallur Tamil Nadu.
Types of Ration Card:
- All Commodity Cards (Green in Color): These cardholders can get all commodities issued by the government in controlled rates like rice, sugar, kerosene, fertilizers, etc.
- Sugar Cards (White in Color): These Cardholders only choose sugar as the commodity which they want. They can buy other commodities too if they want other than rice.
- No Commodity Cards (White in Color): These cardholders don’t want any commodity; they want the ration card only as an identity proof.
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Tamil Nadu.
Application Process for Ration Card in Tamil Nadu:
- You have to download the application forms first. The links are given below.
- Print it out on A4 sized paper. You can also get the application forms from your nearest ration office.
- Now, fill up the application form with all required information like name, address, date of birth, mobile number, etc.
- Attach Xerox copies of all required documents with it and then submit the application form to your nearest ration office.
- Only put the correct information in the application form as any wrong information will make you liable under section 7 of the essential commodities act and you will be punished accordingly by the court.
- Now, after the submission, the verification will be done.
- After successful verification, your ration card will be issued. It takes a maximum time of 60 days to issue a ration card. You can collect the card from the ration office after that.
- If you still haven’t got the ration card within 60 days, then you can reapply for it.
- Voter ID Card
- Property Tax Payment receipt
- Electricity Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Rental Agreement
- Front Page of Bank Passbook
- In English: http://cms.tn.gov.in/sites/default/files/forms/ration_0.pdf.
- In Tamil: http://cms.tn.gov.in/sites/default/files/forms/ration_t.pdf.