A document which proves if you belong to a certain community or caste is the Caste Certificate. The people from minorities can afford various facilities provided by the government and that can only happen if that have the legal caste certificate with them. There are reserved categories there like SC (Scheduled Caste), ST (Scheduled Tribe), and OBC (Other Backward Class). They can get various facilities in terms of jobs and waiving of fees, etc. if they have the caste certificate to prove their caste. The application process is mentioned below for your help.
- The person must be a permanent resident of Mizoram.
- He or she must belong to a backward class.
Online Application Process for Caste Certificate in Mizoram:
- Visit https://edistrict.mizoram.gov.in/mizoeda/login?error=true.
- If you are a new user, you have to register first. The registration can be done by using the details of the aadhaar card, driving license, or any document like that.
- Now, activate your account using the link sent to your email and then log in using your user id and password.
- Select the certificate type as caste certificate.
- The form will open on your screen.
- Enter all correct details to fill the form properly.
- Click on save, you will be redirected to the section where documents need to be uploaded.
- Upload scanned copies of all required documents.
- Now, you have to pay the fee of INR 20 via net banking, debit card or credit card.
- After payment, you can download and take a print out of the acknowledgment receipt, which can be used later to track the status of the application from the same website.
- On issuance of your caste certificate, you will get a message on your registered mobile number.
Offline Application Process for Caste Certificate in Mizoram:
- Download the form by clicking https://www.indiafilings.com/learn/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Application_Form-1.pdf and print it out on A4 sized paper.
- Fill up the form properly with required information and attach Xerox copies of all required documents with it.
- Submit the form to the nearest CSC center. You will be given an acknowledgment receipt. You can track the application using it later.
- Voter ID Card (The Voter ID Card of the father can be enclosed if the candidate is minor)
- Birth certificate
- Passport Sized photograph
- Application Form
- Letter from Local authority stating your caste
- The children who are born from inter-caste marriage can attach certificate from the local authority.