A voter ID card is one of the important ID proofs for Indian citizens. It is issued by Election commission of India for Indian people to cast their votes at polling booths at the time of the election. A voter ID card can also be used as a proof for a person’s identity such as name, age, father’s name, address.
Any Indian citizen can apply for a voter ID card from their state to be a voter if they are 18 years or above 18 years old. Initially, the voter card issued by the government was black and white in color with plastic lamination and also with a holographic sticker. The card comprises with the following information such as Name, DOB, Photo, Address, Serial number, and the Seal of the issuing authority.
The Election Commission of India has decided to issue a new color voter ID card for those who have applied for changes or corrections to be made and also for those who have newly registered for voter IDs. Those individuals who want to change their old voter ID with new color voter Id can do so with a fee of Rs.30 at the voter Id registration center.
The new color voter ID card will have the background of India’s Tricolor flag and colored photo of the individual. There are no changes in the size of the card or the details provided on the card.
Follow these simple steps to get a colored voter ID cards:
- Visit the official website of the chief electoral officer of your state.
- Click on the specified link for the registration of the new PVC voter ID.
- Enter the mobile number along with the required details.
- It will ask to upload your image
- Submit the required details
- A verification code will be sent to your mobile number
- Enter the verification code in the specified box
- The site will send an identity code for your voter ID card
- You will receive updates through SMS.
- Within 45-60 working days, the voter card will be sent to your house by post.
- The applicant has to pay a small fee of RS.30 to get a new colored voter ID card.