Sometimes we may found wrong information entered on our Voter ID Card or it may require updating the information already entered and printed on the Voter ID Card. In such case, we can change any of the details on our Voter ID Card including our picture, it is very simple. There are two methods one is Offline and the other is Online.
In the Offline method, one has to download the Voter ID correction form, fill it up, attach supporting documents and have to send it to the electoral office. The official website is www.nvsp.in. However, the online method is quite easy compared to the offline method, which consists of the following steps:
- Visit the official website nvsp.in.
- Click on the option ‘Correction of entries in electoral roll.
- Go to Form 8 page.
- Now, change the language, if required.
- Fill up the basic details such as Name, District, Constituency, Photo identity card number, etc.
- Select the entry from the options which is required to be changed, in this case, ‘My Photograph’.
- Upload the new Photograph.
- Add personal details like email ID and Mobile number.
- Enter the correct ‘Captcha Code’ and click on ‘Submit’.
- Keep the ‘Reference Number’ generated for future use.
- Application processing time is 30 days you will get the corrected voter ID card within that time period.
Following the above procedure, anyone can easily change his/her photograph on the Voter ID Card. The procedure is very simple and self guiding on the web pages, once opened. It just takes a few minutes and see its get done!!