If you want to get food items at a controlled rate provided by the government, the document you will need is a ration card. The document is used as proof of resident in many government organizations. There are some instances where you need to change the details of a ration card like name, address, or date of birth. But for changing them you must know the full procedure. There are both online and offline processes for changing the details. Both the processes are mentioned below in detail. How to Change Name/DOB/Address in Ration Card Online and Offline.
- First of all, you have to download the form from the official website or you can just visit the nearest ration card office. You can click here to see how the form looks like http://ap.meeseva.gov.in/DeptPortal/Application%20Forms%20New/Civil%20Supplies-pdf/Ration%20Card%20Data%20Corrections%20Application%20Form.pdf.
- Fill the form correctly with all proper details. Don’t do any mistake or the form will get rejected. You can do all the changes you need in your ration card.
- You will get to see the instructions on how to change in the form itself.
- Now attach any ID proof with the application. The list of proofs which can be submitted will be written in the form. Any one of all the documents will do.
- For correction in name or something like that, you need to have an affidavit which the food supplier will ask for.
- Now, with all done, you need to submit the form attached with documents to the nearest ration card office. You will get an acknowledgment number from there. Don’t forget to collect it as it will help you to track your ration card.
- Usually, it takes around a month time to get the ration card. It can be sent to you on your address or you can get it from the ration shop.
- First of all, you need to login to the ration card website of your respective state.
- If you do not have the login credentials, you need to sign up first.
- You will get the form of changing details in the website.
- You have to fill it up with proper details as wrong details may reject your application.
- Proper documents are needed to state that the changes you are making are correct.
- The list of documents is available on the website. You can check from there and upload accordingly.
- After the submission of the application, you will get a reference number generated by the system. The number can be used afterward for checking the status of your application.
- Within 1 month you will get the new ration card with changed details at your registered address via post or you can get it from the ration shop.