How to Apply Ration Card in Bengaluru, Mysore, Hubli, Mangaluru Karnataka
There the fair price shops or the ration shops all over India and you can easily get the food items you need in your daily life there like Rice, Kerosene, Sugar, etc. But to avail the facility, the document you must carry with you is the ration card. Not only to get the ration, but the card is acceptable in various government organizations as a valid proof of identity. In each state, there is a different process of applying for the Ration Card and Karnataka is no different. There are both online and offline processes of applying for the ratio card in Bangalore. The processes are mentioned below.
Online Process of Applying for a Ration Card:
- First of all, you need to go to website of the Department of Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer affairs run by the Government of Karnataka. Or you can click on the link too http://ahara.kar.nic.in/.
- In the menu you will see a option ‘e-Services’, click on that.
- Now after clicking, you will see that a sub menu will appear. Click on the option ‘e-Ration’ over there.
- There you will find an option, ‘Apply for New Ration Card’. Click on it.
- A new page will open and you will be asked to choose your desired language between English or Kannada.
- After choosing the language, you will see two more options, ‘New Ration Card Request’ and ‘Edit Saved Request’. Click on the ‘New Ration Card Request’.
- Now you need to mention the type of the card you are applying for. Choose NPHH (Non-Priority Household) from there.
- After that, you have to enter your Aadhaar Number, an OTP will be send to the mobile number registered with the Aadhaar Number. Enter the OTP and submit.
- After the authentication is done, you will see you details on the screen, If you feel they are correct, click on add option or else you can edit them. After adding, you will get an application number.
- You can now add all the other members of your family there. Don’t forget to mention the relationship. You will get an application number for adding the family members too.
- If you want to delete a member of family, there is ‘Delete/ Add again’ button for that.
- After the addition of all the family members is done, click on the button ‘Next Stage’.
- After that, select the ration card address and also provide a mobile number where you want to receive the SMS from the Department of Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer affairs. Click ‘Next Stage’ after it.
- Now you need to choose the ration shop from where you are thinking of drawing the rations. Enter the details correctly like location of shop, city, ward number, name of panchayat, etc. After the click on ‘Next Stage’.
- This is the time to choose the head of the family. You will see the names of the female members of your family, you can choose the eldest member. After the click on ‘Next Stage’.
- Now you need to assign the relationships of all the other members of your family with the head of the family.
- Confirm that you will draw ration using the card and also confirm that you need a printed copy of the ration card at your address. The card will be sent your address within 15 days but for this service you need to pay Rs 100 which you can pay to the postman.
- Only after you are willing to draw rations, you will be allotted a ration card. You can check the specimen copy for any corrections and only after getting full satisfaction, click on the ‘Generate RC’ button which will generate your ration card.
Offline Process of Applying for a Ration Card:
- First of all, visit any kiosk or gram panchayat to get the application form.
- Fill up the form correctly.
- Any other document other than the Aadhaar Card is not required as all the information will be verified from there only.
- Your mobile number must be registered with the Aadhaar.
- Enter the ward number or gram panchayat name over there to choose the ration shop.
- The processing fee for a new ration card is Rs 50.
- Choose the eldest female member of your family as head of the family.
- Now after all done, submit the application. The verification will be done and you will get all the updates on your registered mobile number. You will be also informed if it gets rejected for some reason.
- If all stays right, you will get your ration card within 15 working days at your address. As a processing fee, you need to give Rs 70 to the postman.