Voter ID is very significant for every citizen especially when there are elections to be conducted in the upcoming days. Hence, one must be aware of the procedure to update information in their respective Voting Card. This can be done both in an offline manner as well as online mode. Here is the systematic procedure to change the address in the Voter ID Card.
- First, you need to log on to the official government website for National Voter’s Service portal on https://www.nvsp.in/.
- Then you need to click on Apply online for registration of new voter/due to shifting from AC which is Form 6
- You can choose your preferred language from the selection box displayed on the top right corner.
- You are now required to fill all the necessary information like State, District Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency, etc
- After filling this information correctly, you need to select ‘due to shifting from another constituency’ option. It will help you to change your credentials.
- You are required to fill mandatory details like your name, surname, date of birth, gender, a relative’s name, etc in English as well as other selected regional languages.
- After this step, you need to enter your current and permanent address.
- You can also update your E-mail ID and mobile number as it is optional particular.
- Documents required for this purpose as Age Proof includes Birth certificate; mark sheet of 10th, 8th and 5th class; Indian passport; PAN card; driver’s license and Aadhar letter issued by UIDAI.
- Documents required for this purpose as Address Proof includes Indian passport, driving license, bank/kisan/post office passbook, ration card, telephone bill, electricity bill, gas connection bill, etc.
- Now you can proceed with the declaration using Captcha. In order to do this, you are required to enter the Captcha number provided to you in the given box.
- Now you are required to verify all the entered information and then click on the submit button to avoid errors.
In addition to this, you should also note that the image of documents to be uploaded should be in the size of 2 MB and its format should be JPG, PNG, BMP, and JPEG respectively.