How to Change Your Date of Birth (DOB)/Address on Aadhar Card
Aadhaar card is a daily necessity nowadays as it is one of the most important government authorized identity card. The Aadhaar number is different that’s why 2 people can’t have one number. There are certain instances where by mistake, the date of birth or address is changed. If you want to change your birth date or address then you must have to visit the nearest Aadhaar card center or it can be changed online. If the format is different like you only have the year and not the date in the card, you don’t have to anything just download the Aadhaar card again from the official site and you will see the correction as the new Aadhaar card will show full date. There are certain steps which you need to follow in the Aadhaar card Self Service Portal. Both the online and offline processes are mentioned below.
- You need to go to https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update.
- After the website is opened, you need to enter the Aadhaar number of 12 digits, then enter the captcha and click on the submit button.
- You will get an OTP.
- After entering the OTP, you will be redirected to the Data Update Request Centre
- There click on the radio button of date of birth or address.
- Now click on update.
- Now update the correct date of birth or address and submit.
- After the submission, you will be requested to upload relevant documents to support your change in date of birth or address.
- Click on the update data button after uploading the documents.
- You will receive a URN ( Unique Request Number ).
- You can keep the number for future reference.
- Updating your Aadhaar card online is completely free.
- First of all, you need to visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment center.
- To find the nearest enrolment centre, you can click on the link https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx.
- You can change anything there like name, date of birth, address, email, mobile number, gender and even re upload your biometrics.
- You need to carry original documents with you for verification.
- The center will do the necessary and the information you want to change will be updated within 90 days. You can download the e-aadhaar after that.
- If you are updating the information on the Aadhaar Enrolment center, the charges will be INR 25.