Indian Ration Card enables us not only obtaining rationing articles from the ration shop but we can also use this as identity proof and address proof. There are mainly two types of ration cards available and these are APL and BPL. APL ration cards are issued to those families whose economic status is above the poverty line. BPL ration cards are issued to those families whose economic status is below the poverty line. Other cards coming under the BPL category were the AAY (Anthyodaya Anna Yojana Scheme) ration cards for the poorest families among the BPL families and ANP (Annapurna Scheme) ration card for the senior citizens above the age of 65 in BPL families.
In case a person applies for an APL ration card, the required enclosures are proof of residence (the person’s name must be enlisted in Passport / Voter list / Bank passbook / Land registry copy / Telephone bill/ Electric bill / Aadhaar), Birth certificate (for family member of half unit), and two copies of photographs of the Head of the family.
In case a person applies for a BPL/Antordoy Anna Yojna ration card, then the required enclosures are BPL certificate and two copies of photograph of the Head of the family.
For obtaining a new ration card of any of the above type, the applicant has to produce a “No Objection Certificate” from the respective ration shop of his/her ward, certifying that he/she does not have any ration card in that shop.
To check the status of your ration card you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of the State Government’s Public distribution system.
- Choose “Print Ration Card” from the given options such as Print Ration card, Search Ration Card, Transaction History, and Application Search based on the Old RCNO or the application number.
A. Enter the name of any person of the concerned family member and click on submit.
- Once submitted, a unique number is displayed.
- Select the number and paste it in the “Click here to search your Application Number” and submit.
- If the ration card number entered is correct your ration card status will be displayed on the screen.