Every year around 2.6 crores applies for a voter’s Id card. A voter’s Id card is an Election card which is issued by Election commission of India for its citizen. This card acts as proof as an authorized citizen of the country. The voter’s ID card is used to improvise the accuracy of the voter in-order to avoid fraud and faulty cases. In addition to that, there are certain privileged services provided by the government of India such as providing ration facilities to its citizens, with issuing a ration card and ration card is not issued unless a citizen has voter’s Id card. Below are a few of the few steps that help to check voter’s Id card.
- Firstly, the applicant needs to visit the Electoral Search Website, wherein two options appear namely to search by details and the other one by EPIC (Electoral Photo Identity Card)no.
- Secondly, if an applicant chooses to search by details then the following details are asked such as name, age, father/husband’s name, state, gender and district constituency. If you have already registered, the details will be displayed on the screen.
- Another option is to search by EPIC no. which asks for EPIC no., state, and code.
- Usually, the website takes around 2 weeks to 3 weeks to store the data of the applicant. This means the applicant can try to search after the stipulated period time.
- Further, even after a few weeks, if the applicant is not able to find out the details, then he/she can visit the nearest electoral office.
Furthermore, the smooth service of checking online card details is carried by the Center for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) which includes certain smart features such as the phonetic search on names across numerous languages through the grant-in-aid which is provided by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology, of India.
Thus, the card is used to vote during elections, and proves the citizenship of the voter and also reduces the electoral fraud. Besides this, the card has its own benefit.