Getting an Election card in India takes time. However, apart from that, there might be situations when a voter might come across a situation where he/she feels the need to cancel the application process. There are numerous reasons for canceling the application one out of which some, for instance, could be the voter is no longer residing in the same place or change of name. There are certain steps to be followed for the cancellation of the voter id application. Lets us have a look at the process.
- The Initial step is to submit a cancellation voter Id form no.7; the form is available online on the NSVP (National Voter’s Service Portal) and offline as well.
- The form contains a set of norms and rules. This rule describes out how the form has to be filled in the third page.
- The form asks to enter the name of the Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) to be addressed.
- The form addresses three options. The primary option is to oppose the voter on the list. The second option is to delete the name of the applicant and the third is to delete the person’s name. The voter is expected to choose the appropriate option and proceed.
- Certain important details are asked to fill such as the applicant’s name, surname, part number, serial number, and EPIC number.
- The form then asks the applicant to mention the reason for canceling the application.
- The applicant is then asked to submit the form with the authorized applicant’s signature to the Electoral Registration Officer.
The continuation of the voting ensures that the voter is fulfilling his/her duties towards the country. Further, if a name exists in the database and the voter does not vote, it might lead to malpractices. Hence to avoid such redundancies and ensure fair voting the voter should ensure a timely check.