Election commission of India has been issuing Voter Identity document to a citizen of India who has become the age of 18 or more than 18 years. After receiving the voter card, the owner of that card is eligible to cast his vote through voter slip along with photo ID proof. Voter Slip is issued by Election Commission. If this resident fails to get voter slip then he can cross-check online or call a helpline to find out the same or visit the nearest electoral office.
- Go to National Voters’ Service Portal i.e. https://www.nsvp.in
- Click on Search by Details.
If the displayed page does not reflect the required details then it is missing from the voter’s list and in this case, you need to re-register as per the below steps by choosing either online or offline mode.
Off-line Process to be get issued Voter ID
- Go to the nearest Voter Facilitation Centre (Electoral Office) to your respective residence.
- Collect the form EPIC-006 which is used as an application form for the new Voter ID Card.
- Fill the form with various and relevant details like name, address, age details, etc.
- Please attach required supportive documents
- Submit the filled form along with all required supporting documents to the electoral officer.
- Voter ID card will be issued after verifying form and supportive documents by Electoral Officer.
Online Process to be get issued Voter ID
- Download the form EPIC-006 from the official web site, https://www.nvsp.in/.
- Complete the form and attach all required supportive documents.
- Submit the form to the respective electoral office or submit through online instead of hard copy download.
- A reference number will be issued for the tracking purpose of your application.
- It will be processed and verified by the Electoral Officer.
- After successful verification, you will get a notification.
- Go to the respective electoral office and collect the Voter ID.
So if a person is unable to find his voter details in Voter’s list then he needs to register again to obtain the voter ID in India.